Placental site trophoblastic tumor (PSTT) is a rare variant of gestational trophoblastic tumor (GTN), accounting for 1-2% of all GTNs. Primary testicular PSTTs are extremely rare. Thirty percent of patients with PSTT show multiple lung and brain metastases at the time of diagnosis. We present the first case of a synchronous single pulmonary trophoblastic placental tumor metastasis together with a teratoma and a mixed germinal tumor of the testis, treated with minimally invasive lung metastasectomy.
Tumori 2015; 101(3): e110 - e111
Article Type: CASE REPORT
AuthorsAndrea Billè, Lara Girelli, Maurizio Colecchia, Ugo Pastorino
- • Accepted on 13/10/2014
- • Available online on 09/04/2015
- • Published online on 25/06/2015
This article is available as full text PDF.
- Billè, Andrea [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1, * Corresponding Author (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Girelli, Lara [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1
- Colecchia, Maurizio [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 2
- Pastorino, Ugo [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan - Italy
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan - Italy