Clear cell thymic carcinoma is a rare and invasive tumor of the mediastinum for which there are no uniform treatment guidelines. The combination of carboplatin plus paclitaxel seems to be the most effective regimen for this disease. We report a case of locally advanced clear cell thymic carcinoma treated with this schedule, in which we observed a relevant and rapid tumor shrinkage.
Tumori 2015; 101(2): e73 - e74
Article Type: CASE REPORT
AuthorsPaola Bertocchi, Fausto Meriggi, Claudia Zambelli, Fausto Zorzi, Alberto Zaniboni
- • Accepted on 07/04/2014
- • Available online on 17/02/2015
- • Published online on 28/04/2015
This article is available as full text PDF.
- Bertocchi, Paola [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1
- Meriggi, Fausto [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1
- Zambelli, Claudia [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 2
- Zorzi, Fausto [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 2
- Zaniboni, Alberto [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1, * Corresponding Author (email@example.com)
Department of Medical Oncology, Fondazione Poliambulanza, Brescia, Italy
Department of Pathology, Fondazione Poliambulanza, Brescia - Italy