We present a case of a 61-year-old postmenopausal woman with a known diagnosis of malignant mixed müllerian tumor (MMMT) originally treated with systemic chemotherapy and total abdominal hysterectomy plus bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, who developed a left cervical mass noted on a follow-up visit. Imaging and nuclear testing were both performed confirming the presence of a cervical mass arising from the thyroid. Our patient underwent surgical resection of the mass, and biopsy of the specimen was consistent with metastatic uterine carcinosarcoma mixed müllerian tumor. Chemotherapy was initiated with a positive outcome.
Tumori 2017; 103(Suppl. 1): e60 - e61
Article Type: CASE REPORT
AuthorsOctavio Chavez Herbas, Beatriz E. Garcia-Prieto, Ilmana Fulger
- • Accepted on 05/06/2017
- • Available online on 26/07/2017
- • Published online on 15/11/2017
This article is available as full text PDF.
- Herbas, Octavio Chavez [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1, * Corresponding Author (email@example.com)
- Garcia-Prieto, Beatriz E. [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 1
- Fulger, Ilmana [PubMed] [Google Scholar] 2
Internal Medicine Department, SBH Health System, Bronx, New York, NY - USA
Hematology-Oncology Department, SBH Health System, Bronx, New York, NY - USA